The Engineering Society (EngSoc) will be holding a Special General Meeting on Saturday, July 4th, at 11:00 AM EDT.
The General Meeting is an open meeting where every undergraduate engineering student is entitled to a vote. The purpose of this meeting will be to discuss and vote on a reduction of the EngSoc fees charged to students for the Fall 2020 semester, as well as relevant Bylaw changes required to support this change.
This meeting will take place on a Microsoft Teams call, you can join it through this link at the time of the meeting. A few things to note:
- Please make sure you’re logged in from your utoronto account.
- If you wish to speak or ask questions, please use the “raise hand” feature and wait to be recognized.
- Please do not use the chat box for conversations, it will be used for official purposes such as voting.
- The meeting room capacity is 250 people.
The relevant files for this meeting can be found in this folder. It contains:
- Meeting Agenda: Official document containing the motions that are to be discussed and voted on in the meeting.
- Appendices: This folder will contain documents that show how the fee change was calculated and provide further justification. The documents will be available in this folder by 11:59 PM EDT on June 30th.
- Info Sheet: This document will contain more information on what exactly a General Meeting is, EngSoc Bylaws and where you can learn more about them and other meeting logistics including information regarding voting by proxy if you are unable to attend the meeting. If you’re confused what exactly is happening in this meeting but still wish to participate, please do read this! The document will have all relevant information on it by 11:59 PM EDT on June 30th as well.
Hope to see you there!